Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue November 19, 2013
Arkansas Lawmakers To Discuss Execution Options
Lawmakers are scheduled to discuss alternative methods of carrying out the death penalty in Arkansas.
The House and Senate Judiciary Committees are to take up the matter when they meet jointly in Little Rock on Tuesday.
Arkansas hasn't executed a death row inmate since 2005, and that isn't expected to change anytime soon.
Some of the state's more than 35 death row inmates are challenging the state's new execution law in court. And the state prison system has said it plans to rewrite its lethal injection protocol to include a different drug or drugs.