Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Sun July 21, 2013
Arkansas Leaders Want Response From ExxonMobil
Officials in Arkansas have sent a letter to ExxonMobil calling for information about the oil company's pipeline that runs beneath the Lake Maumelle watershed.
The letter signed by Little Rock Mayor Mark Stodola, North Little Rock Mayor Joe Smith, Pulaski County Judge Buddy Villines, Central Arkansas Water Board chai Marie-Bernarde Miller, US Rep. Tim Griffin and US Sens. Mark Pryor and John Boozman refers to a similar May 15 request that they say hasn't been answered.
It comes following a March 29 oil spill of about 150,000 gallons from the Pegasus pipeline in Mayflower.
The letter says officials "are extremely disappointed" that previous requests for inspection results of the pipeline have not been answered.
The pipeline runs under the watershed that's the drinking water supply for an estimated 400,000 people.