Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Wed January 29, 2014
Arkansas Literary Festival Announces Lineup
Organizers of the Arkansas Literary Festival are announcing the lineup for this year's event, which runs from April 24 through the 27.
Susan Gele with the Central Arkansas Library System says more than 80 presenters will be in Little Rock for the festival, including romance and suspense writer Catherine Coulter and Mary Roach, who the Washington Times has called “America's funniest science writer.”
"Also, Congressman John Lewis, who was one of that key figures in the Civil Rights Movement. We're especially glad to have artist and illustrator Kadir Nelson. He has been long treasured by teachers, librarians, and parents for the children's books that he's produced. We've got some great music sessisons and some wonderful food sessions, including a session on Arkansas food," says Gele.
She says most of the events are free to the public, but some do require tickets.