Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Wed January 29, 2014
Arkansas Literary Festival Announces Lineup
Organizers of the Arkansas Literary Festival are announcing the lineup for this year's event, which runs from April 24 through the 27.
Susan Gele with the Central Arkansas Library System says more than 80 presenters will be in Little Rock for the festival, including romance and suspense writer Catherine Coulter and Mary Roach, who the Washington Times has called “America's funniest science writer.”
"Also, Congressman John Lewis, who was one of that key figures in the Civil Rights Movement. We're especially glad to have artist and illustrator Kadir Nelson. He has been long treasured by teachers, librarians, and parents for the children's books that he's produced. We've got some great music sessisons and some wonderful food sessions, including a session on Arkansas food," says Gele.
She says most of the events are free to the public, but some do require tickets.