Most Active Stories
- Legislative Committee Rejects Removing Lee From King Holiday
- Lawsuit Filed Against Arkansas Funeral Home And Owner
- The New Year Brings Changes To KUAR’s Night And Weekend Programming
- UA's Online-Only University's First Employees Start Work
- Gov. Hutchinson: Keep Private Option Through 2016, Study Alternatives
News About Public Radio
Tue April 22, 2014
Arkansas Literary Festival: April 24-27
The Central Arkansas Library System presents the 11th annual Arkansas Literary Festival April 24th through 27th at the Central Arkansas Library System Main Library, the Hillary Rodham Clinton Children's Library and at multiple downtown venues in Little Rock.
The festival hosts more than 80 authors of note including best-selling novelist Catherine Coulter, along with journalists, artists and politicians such as songwriter Rhett Miller and Congressman John Lewis.
KUAR 89.1 News Director Michael Hibblen will moderate a discussion featuring NPR contributor Dylan Tucillio, co-author of A Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming, at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Cox Creative Center.
UALR Public Radio General Manager Ben Fry will moderate a discussion with Jeff VanderMeer, author of the Southern Reach Trilogy, at 1 p.m. April 26 at the Witt Stephens Jr. Central Arkansas Nature Center.
Other activities at the four-day festival range from writing workshops to ticketed performances and parties. Special events for children include The Bard's 350th Birthday Party hosted by Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre, 3-D printing demonstrations and a hands-on Lego display.