Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Wed June 26, 2013
Arkansas Lottery Panel Approves Pay Raises
The Arkansas Lottery Commission has voted to give pay raises to its director and other employees.
The panel on Wednesday voted to give a 2 percent cost-of-living pay raise to its 82 employees and also give merit pay raises to those eligible based on their evaluations.
Director Bishop Woosley will receive a one-time payment of $4,248 this year as a 3 percent merit pay raise and will receive $2,832 next year as his cost-of-living adjustment The payments to Woosley are based on his maximum salary under state law, which is $141,603.
Woosley is paid $165,000 a year under a provision that allows him to receive more if approved by a legislative committee.
Woosley, the former chief legal counsel for the games, was hired as the lottery's director last year.