Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Mon November 25, 2013
Arkansas Man Accused Of Plotting To Kill Ex-Employee
Authorities have arrested a northeast Arkansas man on suspicion of criminal conspiracy to commit capital murder after the man allegedly "pocket dialed" the would-be victim as he described the plot.
But an attorney for Larry Barnett argues that the alleged victim had "an ax to grind" against Barnett, who's lived and worked in Jonesboro for more than 30 years.
The Jonesboro Sun reports that District Judge Curt Huckaby found sufficient evidence Monday for the case to proceed against Barnett.
Police allege that Barnett was plotting to kill a former employee, who reportedly overheard the details via the accidental phone call. Criminal conspiracy to commit capital murder is punishable by up to 30 years in prison.
Barnett is due in court on Dec. 30.