Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Wed May 22, 2013
Arkansas Man Gets 12 Years For Striking Missouri Joggers
An Arkansas man who admitted driving into a group of joggers in southeast Missouri has been given a 12-year prison term.
The Southeast Missourian reports 19-year-old Vincent Anderson, of Little Rock, was sentenced Tuesday in Cape Girardeau County Circuit Court.
Anderson pleaded guilty last month to first-degree assault, admitting he drove directly at the joggers in downtown Cape Girardeau last Oct. 28 in a stolen car.
Three people suffered minor injuries. Anderson's passenger, 27-year-old Marcus Jones, of Cotton Plant, Ark., was sentenced earlier to 90 days in jail for two misdemeanors in connection with the case.
A prosecutor showed the judge at Tuesday's sentencing two videos taken from Jones's cellphone, in which a man is heard swearing and laughing as tires squeal in the background. Anderson apologized Tuesday to the victims.