Most Active Stories
- Rosanne Cash Reflects As Opening Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home Nears
- National Weather Service Issues Winter Storm Warning for Arkansas
- Data: Arkansans Curse Minimally and Say “Please” and “Thank You”
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Thu October 17, 2013
Arkansas Man Stopped After Taking Loaded School Bus
A man surrendered to police after taking a school bus in central Arkansas with 11 children aboard.
Jacksonville police spokeswoman April Kiser says the suspect got into the Pulaski County Special School District bus when it made a stop to pick up children Thursday morning. No one was hurt.
Kiser says the man, 22-year-old Nicholas John Miller, was armed with a knife and drove the bus several miles into Cabot as police pursued him.
Miller pulled over when he saw that police had dropped spike strips on the road.
Kiser said investigators were interviewing Miller and that she didn't know why he took the bus. She said that once the bus stopped, Miller was arrested without further incident.