Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Thu March 28, 2013
Arkansas May Save Millions With Private Insurance Option
The Arkansas Department of Human Services says the state would save $670 million over 10 years under a plan to use Medicaid funds to purchase private insurance for newly eligible recipients.
The agency released the numbers on Wednesday. DHS spokeswoman Amy Webb says the savings compare to not expanding Medicaid.
House Speaker Davy Carter said Wednesday he was still reviewing the report but called the cost estimates for the private option "favorable" and said they appeared to show that it would be a good financial decision for the state.