Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Thu December 3, 2009
Arkansas National Guard helps Agribusiness in Afghanistan
As President Obama escalates the war in Afghanistan, some members of the Arkansas National Guard will soon deploy to that war-torn country to help the Afghan people bolster agribusiness.
Suited up in fatigues and huddled around a conference room table are 13 members of the Arkansas National Guard's Agricultural Development Team. With support from the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture, they're undergoing extensive training to prepare for an uncommon mission - to improve farming practices in Afghanistan, preserve natural resources, and develop industries. FM 89's Malcolm Glover has the story.