Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Tue March 12, 2013
Arkansas Panel Rejects Campaign Finance Proposals
A Senate panel has rejected measures that would have prohibited using campaign funds to buy tickets to another candidate's event and barred campaign contributions from businesses sharing the same majority owner.
On Tuesday, the Senate State Agencies and Governmental Affairs Committee rejected by a voice vote the campaign finance measures by Democratic Sen. Bruce Maloch of Magnolia.
The first proposal was aimed at preventing campaigns from transferring funds to another candidate by purchasing tickets to fundraisers and other events.
Maloch's other proposal would have banned contributions from more than one business if they share the same majority owner. Maloch says the measure was aimed at preventing donors from skirting the state's campaign contribution limits by using multiple companies.