Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Mon February 10, 2014
Arkansas Panel Solicits Votes For State Promo Song
The Arkansas Parks and Tourism Department is opening voting for selection of a song to promote the state.
Seven songs have been chosen as finalists in the competition, for which voting begins Monday and runs through Feb. 24. More than 230 people entered the competition.
The winner will be announced on March 3 and will perform the song at the Arkansas Governor's Conference on Tourism in Rogers on March 10. Also, the winner gets $2,000 and a recording session and taping of a video of their winning song.