Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Wed June 26, 2013
Arkansas Prisoner Dies Of Injuries After Escape Attempt
State prison officials say a convicted killer serving a life sentence had died of injuries he sustained in a failed attempt to escape the prison's Varner Unit.
Department of Correction spokeswoman Shea Wilson says 29-year-old Vann Tucker climbed over one security fence early Saturday and tried to go over an electrified fence when he was shocked and fell.
Wilson says Tucker suffered a head injury and was taken to a hospital in Pine Bluff, then airlifted to UAMS in Little Rock, where he was pronounced dead Tuesday evening.
The department's website shows that Tucker was convicted of second-degree murder in Pope County in 2001 and was later sentenced to life in prison as a habitual offender.