Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon October 28, 2013
Arkansas Program Set For Managing Emergency Responders
The Arkansas Department of Emergency Management is to host more than 150 participants for a program on managing emergency responders who come in from out-of-state during a disaster.
The Thursday event in Conway will focus on testing the agency's ability to assign, track and monitor out-of-state emergency responders.
Members of local, state and federal agencies are to act in roles of help arriving from other states during the exercise.
The ADEM will practice signing in, briefing and deploying the workers acting as though they are from outside Arkansas.
Ambulances and fire trucks will be included at the staging area the Conway Expo Center.