Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Mon July 15, 2013
Arkansas Rep Prepares For New Education Facility
Construction work continues on the Arkansas Repertory Theatre’s new education space.
The Rep’s expansion into another facility on Main Street in Little Rock is expected to provide additional room for actor training and performances by young artists.
Bob Hupp is producing and artistic director for the Rep. He says the Theatre’s board will approve signing the lease for the new site if the Rep is able to raise $400,000 in pledges before August 15.
“We know that when young people engage in the arts they build a lifelong learning for the arts. We know that arts education helps young people in so many ways and we know there is incredible demand in our city, county, and region for arts education opportunities,” said Hupp. “This expansion will be a great service to the community and add to the cultural and civic life of the city.”
Hupp says the 6,700 square feet of classroom and studio space for the project is located across the street from the theatre. The expansion could be complete by January 2014.