Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Wed October 2, 2013
Arkansas Revenue Up In September
Arkansas finance officials say higher than expected income and sales tax collections pushed the state's revenue higher in September.
The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration said Wednesday that the state's net available revenue last month totaled $522.8 million, which is $28.2 million above the same month last year and $16.3 million above forecast.
Arkansas' revenue for the fiscal year that began July 1 is $29.7 million higher than forecast.
The department said the September revenue was boosted by gains in all major categories of tax collections.
Sales tax collections were $9 million above last year and $1.3 million above forecast. Individual income tax collections were $20.2 million above last year and $11.3 million above forecast.