Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Wed October 2, 2013
Arkansas Revenue Up In September
Arkansas finance officials say higher than expected income and sales tax collections pushed the state's revenue higher in September.
The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration said Wednesday that the state's net available revenue last month totaled $522.8 million, which is $28.2 million above the same month last year and $16.3 million above forecast.
Arkansas' revenue for the fiscal year that began July 1 is $29.7 million higher than forecast.
The department said the September revenue was boosted by gains in all major categories of tax collections.
Sales tax collections were $9 million above last year and $1.3 million above forecast. Individual income tax collections were $20.2 million above last year and $11.3 million above forecast.