Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Mon March 31, 2014
Arkansas Sees Rush Of Last-Minute Exchange Signups
Arkansas officials are seeing a rush of last-minute signups for the insurance marketplace under the federal health care law as the enrollment deadline arrived.
State insurance officials said Monday that a large number of people were calling and dropping by signup events around the state.
Monday is the deadline to sign up for coverage on the exchange, a marketplace where consumers and shop for coverage.
Insurance officials didn't expect to have a tally of the number of signups until next week. The department last week said more than 33,500 people had signed up for the exchange, far short of the more than 250,000 they had predicted would eventually enroll.
The figure doesn't include the more than 106,000 who have signed up for the state's compromise Medicaid expansion.