Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Fri May 17, 2013
Arkansas Sees Tide Of New Filmmakers
Filmmakers from around the country are gathering in Little Rock this week to attend the Little Rock Film Festival. The success of the festival, now in its seventh year has grown into a bellwether of the film scene around the state.
As KUAR’s Chris Hickey explains, local filmmakers have entered a new era, eschewing the Hollywood model and embracing a localized, independent and regional approach as more talented storytellers choose to stay in Arkansas and develop the resources they need.