Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- To Protect Bats, Forest Service Extends Cave Closures For Five Years
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
Local & Regional News
Wed October 23, 2013
Arkansas Senate President Names 4 To Insurance Panel
Senate President Michael Lamoureux has named four lawmakers to a task force created as part of a package of laws aimed at overhauling and increasing funding to the health insurance program for thousands of public school teachers.
Lamoureux on Tuesday named Republican Sens. Cecile Bledsoe of Rogers and David Sanders of Little Rock and Democratic Sens. Linda Chesterfield of Little Rock and Eddie Cheatham of Crossett to the State and Public School Life and Health Insurance Program Legislative Task force.
Senate Education Committee Chairman Sen. Johnny Key also named Republican Sen. Jim Hendren of Gravette to the panel.
Lawmakers passed legislation setting up the task force during a special session called to reduce insurance rate hikes of up to 50 percent for teachers.