Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Wed October 23, 2013
Arkansas Senate President Names 4 To Insurance Panel
Senate President Michael Lamoureux has named four lawmakers to a task force created as part of a package of laws aimed at overhauling and increasing funding to the health insurance program for thousands of public school teachers.
Lamoureux on Tuesday named Republican Sens. Cecile Bledsoe of Rogers and David Sanders of Little Rock and Democratic Sens. Linda Chesterfield of Little Rock and Eddie Cheatham of Crossett to the State and Public School Life and Health Insurance Program Legislative Task force.
Senate Education Committee Chairman Sen. Johnny Key also named Republican Sen. Jim Hendren of Gravette to the panel.
Lawmakers passed legislation setting up the task force during a special session called to reduce insurance rate hikes of up to 50 percent for teachers.