Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Arkansas Senate Race
Sat November 30, 2013
Arkansas Senate Race Focuses On Family Around Holiday
Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor and Republican Senate hopeful and U.S. Rep. Tom Cotton have traded jabs over the past few months as Arkansas' U.S. Senate race got underway.
But during Thanksgiving week, the race has been focusing on family.
Pryor's campaign posted a recipe for his mother's Scotch fudge cake online.
And Cotton's campaign says it's airing a new television ad featuring his mother starting Friday in northeast Arkansas.
Cotton's campaign said it's spending at least $13,000 on air time to run the 30-second television ad in the Jonesboro market through Dec. 5.
In the ad, Cotton's mother talks about their family's military service. Cotton joined the Army and served in Iraq and Afghanistan. Cotton's father served in Vietnam.
Cotton hopes to unseat Pryor in next year's election.