Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri July 5, 2013
Arkansas Shelter Rebate Program To Accept Applications
The Arkansas Department of Emergency Management Shelter Rebate Program will begin accepting applications this month.
To be eligible for the program, the agency says people have to have installed an above-ground safe room or in-ground shelter after Jan. 21, 1999.
Applicants also must own their home at the time of their application.
The Department of Emergency Management says it will reimburse people for some of the costs associated with above-ground safe rooms or in-ground shelter installation.
Reimbursements will be half of the associated costs or $1,000, whichever is less.
The agency says it won't process electronic applications or applications received before July 15.
The Legislature approved the program to receive $1,250,000 for the new fiscal year.