Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri July 5, 2013
Arkansas Shelter Rebate Program To Accept Applications
The Arkansas Department of Emergency Management Shelter Rebate Program will begin accepting applications this month.
To be eligible for the program, the agency says people have to have installed an above-ground safe room or in-ground shelter after Jan. 21, 1999.
Applicants also must own their home at the time of their application.
The Department of Emergency Management says it will reimburse people for some of the costs associated with above-ground safe rooms or in-ground shelter installation.
Reimbursements will be half of the associated costs or $1,000, whichever is less.
The agency says it won't process electronic applications or applications received before July 15.
The Legislature approved the program to receive $1,250,000 for the new fiscal year.