Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Mon August 12, 2013
Arkansas Speaker Names Six To Health Exchange Panel
House Speaker Davy Carter has named three Republicans and three Democrats to a legislative panel that will oversee the insurance marketplace set up under the federal health care law.
Carter on Monday announced his appointments to the Arkansas Health Insurance Marketplace Legislative Oversight Committee created by the Legislature earlier this year.
The 12-member panel will study the insurance exchange set up under the federal health care law and will submit an annual report by Dec. 15 to the Legislature.
Carter named Republican Rep. Jeremy Gillam of Judsonia as the panel's co-chairman. Other Republicans on the committee are Rep. John Burris of Harrison and Rep. Sue Scott of Rogers.
Democrats on the panel are Reps. Eddie Armstrong of North Little Rock, Jeff Wardlaw of Warren and Deborah Ferguson of West Memphis.