Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon October 21, 2013
Arkansas State Fair Draws 445,000 Over 10 days
The Arkansas State Fair says 445,314 people went through the gates during the 10-day run of the event.
Fair director Ralph Shoptaw said Monday that the fair, which wrapped up on Sunday, drew 45,996 people on the last day at the Little Rock grounds.
That left the fair about 2,000 patrons shy of last year's attendance of 447,680. Shoptaw said the 445,314 total was still better than six of the previous 10 Arkansas State Fairs.
The fair features livestock competitions, carnival rides and food prepared in an array of styles.
Next year, the Arkansas State Fair will mark its 75th anniversary.