Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Tue October 8, 2013
Arkansas State Fair Opens Friday
The annual state fair will start its ten day run on Friday. Discounted tickets are on sale at Walgreens for two dollars less than tickets available at the door.
Advance tickets will no longer be available past the first day of the fair, and will have to be purchased for full price at the gate, a change made this year.
Mary Smith, Director of Marketing for the fair, says the event is an economic boost for the area.
Smith says new food items will be introduced this year, including deep fried pineapple upside down cake.
Musical acts will include The Charlie Daniels Band, Everclear, and Ginuwine.