Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Tue October 8, 2013
Arkansas State Fair Opens Friday
The annual state fair will start its ten day run on Friday. Discounted tickets are on sale at Walgreens for two dollars less than tickets available at the door.
Advance tickets will no longer be available past the first day of the fair, and will have to be purchased for full price at the gate, a change made this year.
Mary Smith, Director of Marketing for the fair, says the event is an economic boost for the area.
Smith says new food items will be introduced this year, including deep fried pineapple upside down cake.
Musical acts will include The Charlie Daniels Band, Everclear, and Ginuwine.