Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Tue May 21, 2013
Arkansas Teen Killed By Flying Storm Debris
Authorities say a teenager was killed in northwest Arkansas on Monday night when storm debris crashed into his car.
Arkansas State Police say 19-year-old Austin Deere of Prairie Grove died at about 7:30 p.m. Monday while driving on U.S. 412 in Springdale.
A preliminary report says a street sign that was uprooted by high winds landed on top of Deere's car. Deere was pronounced dead at the scene by the Washington County coroner.
The Storm Prediction Center says a wind gust of 69 mph was recorded in Springdale at the same time as the accident.