Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Tue May 21, 2013
Arkansas Teen Killed By Flying Storm Debris
Authorities say a teenager was killed in northwest Arkansas on Monday night when storm debris crashed into his car.
Arkansas State Police say 19-year-old Austin Deere of Prairie Grove died at about 7:30 p.m. Monday while driving on U.S. 412 in Springdale.
A preliminary report says a street sign that was uprooted by high winds landed on top of Deere's car. Deere was pronounced dead at the scene by the Washington County coroner.
The Storm Prediction Center says a wind gust of 69 mph was recorded in Springdale at the same time as the accident.