Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Local & Regional News
Tue May 21, 2013
Arkansas Teen Killed By Flying Storm Debris
Authorities say a teenager was killed in northwest Arkansas on Monday night when storm debris crashed into his car.
Arkansas State Police say 19-year-old Austin Deere of Prairie Grove died at about 7:30 p.m. Monday while driving on U.S. 412 in Springdale.
A preliminary report says a street sign that was uprooted by high winds landed on top of Deere's car. Deere was pronounced dead at the scene by the Washington County coroner.
The Storm Prediction Center says a wind gust of 69 mph was recorded in Springdale at the same time as the accident.