Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Fri November 22, 2013
Arkansas' Unemployment Rate Creeps Up In October
State officials say Arkansas' unemployment rate increased by one-tenth of a percentage point to 7.5 percent in October.
The Arkansas Department of Workforce Services says the increase mirrored a similar jump in the national unemployment rate.
The agency says five sectors added jobs last month, with the biggest gain coming in trade, transportation and utilities with the bulk of the increase coming from retail trade jobs.
Education and health services rose by 1,700 jobs, while the government sector increased by 2,900 jobs - mostly in public school employment.
The agency says professional and business services posted the largest decrease of 700 jobs.