Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Fri May 16, 2014
Arkansas Unemployment Rate Drops In April To 6.6 Percent
The unemployment rate in Arkansas fell by three-tenths of one percent in April - down from 6.9 percent in March to 6.6 percent.
Arkansas' Department of Workforce Services said Friday that the civilian labor force decreased by 8,300 because of 5,100 fewer people unemployed and 3,200 fewer workers.
Department spokeswoman Becky Heflin said in a news release that the number of Arkansans without a job in April stood at 86,700 - a decline of 12,300 in the number of unemployed from the 99,000 who were jobless in April 2013.
The national unemployment rate fell four-tenths of a percentage point to 6.3 percent in April.