Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
State Unemployment Rate
Fri March 29, 2013
Arkansas Unemployment Rate Stays At 7.2 Percent In February
Officials with the Arkansas Department of Workforce Services reported Friday that the unemployment rate in the state remained unchanged during the month of February.
Agency Spokeswoman Kimberly Friedman says labor statistics show unemployment held steady at 7.2 percent , while the national jobless rate dropped from 7.9 percent in January to 7.7 percent in February.
“Looking at February of this year, total nonfarm jobs actually increased 7,600. We saw seven major sectors posted gains, three actually declined, and one industry remained the same,” said Friedman. “The government industry added 5,200 jobs, but most of that increase occurred in state government as public school employment returned to normal levels after the winter break.”
Friedman says over 96,000 Arkansans were unemployed, during February.