Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri April 19, 2013
Arkansas Unemployment Rate Unchanged At 7.2 Percent
The Arkansas unemployment rate for March was unchanged at 7.2 percent.
The state Department of Workforce Services said Friday that the state's number of unemployed people declined, but not enough to change the jobless rate.
The national unemployment rate for March fell from 7.7 percent in February to 7.6 percent.
For the month, Arkansas jobs increased in 10 major industry sectors and declined in one sector, manufacturing.
Professional and business services jobs grew by almost 3,000 positions and administrative and support services increased by 2,500 jobs. The retail sector added 2,200 jobs.
Manufacturing jobs fell by 900, mainly in nondurable goods.