Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri April 19, 2013
Arkansas Unemployment Rate Unchanged At 7.2 Percent
The Arkansas unemployment rate for March was unchanged at 7.2 percent.
The state Department of Workforce Services said Friday that the state's number of unemployed people declined, but not enough to change the jobless rate.
The national unemployment rate for March fell from 7.7 percent in February to 7.6 percent.
For the month, Arkansas jobs increased in 10 major industry sectors and declined in one sector, manufacturing.
Professional and business services jobs grew by almost 3,000 positions and administrative and support services increased by 2,500 jobs. The retail sector added 2,200 jobs.
Manufacturing jobs fell by 900, mainly in nondurable goods.