Most Active Stories
- Rosanne Cash Reflects As Opening Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home Nears
- National Weather Service Issues Winter Storm Warning for Arkansas
- Data: Arkansans Curse Minimally and Say “Please” and “Thank You”
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri April 19, 2013
Arkansas Unemployment Rate Unchanged At 7.2 Percent
The Arkansas unemployment rate for March was unchanged at 7.2 percent.
The state Department of Workforce Services said Friday that the state's number of unemployed people declined, but not enough to change the jobless rate.
The national unemployment rate for March fell from 7.7 percent in February to 7.6 percent.
For the month, Arkansas jobs increased in 10 major industry sectors and declined in one sector, manufacturing.
Professional and business services jobs grew by almost 3,000 positions and administrative and support services increased by 2,500 jobs. The retail sector added 2,200 jobs.
Manufacturing jobs fell by 900, mainly in nondurable goods.