Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
arkansas vet claims
Thu April 22, 2010
Arkansas VA speeds up vets' claims process
As a wave of veterans returns from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the backlog of disability claims continues to mount. The tangled process of ensuring veterans get financial compensation for their injuries leaves many vets feeling like their twisting in the wind. A program underway at the Veterans Administration in Little Rock aims to tackle that perception.
VA Secretary Eric Shinseki started the 10-month pilot program to tackle the backlog of 1.1 million claims nationwide that makes veterans wait months and even years to get financial compensation for their injuries. FM 89's Malcolm Glover takes a closer look at the program and its impact on Arkansas vets.