Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
arkansas vet claims
Thu April 22, 2010
Arkansas VA speeds up vets' claims process
As a wave of veterans returns from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the backlog of disability claims continues to mount. The tangled process of ensuring veterans get financial compensation for their injuries leaves many vets feeling like their twisting in the wind. A program underway at the Veterans Administration in Little Rock aims to tackle that perception.
VA Secretary Eric Shinseki started the 10-month pilot program to tackle the backlog of 1.1 million claims nationwide that makes veterans wait months and even years to get financial compensation for their injuries. FM 89's Malcolm Glover takes a closer look at the program and its impact on Arkansas vets.