Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Thu October 31, 2013
Arkansas Veterans Home Cited For 3rd Time In 2013
Investigators have cited the state-run veterans home in Fayetteville for its third violation this year, alleging a worker didn't care for a patient's wound properly.
The state Office of Long Term Care said that, when the wound's dressing was changed twice daily, skin would tear and the patient would bleed. Improper care lasted for several days until the treatment method was changed, according to the agency.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette newspaper reported Thursday that the patient filed a complaint.
In February, the agency alleged neglect after a patient died and in April the Office of Long Term Care said a patient's arm was broken while the patient was being restrained.
Arkansas' Veterans Affairs office said it has provided employees with new training on how to remove bandages.