Most Active Stories
- Legislative Committee Rejects Removing Lee From King Holiday
- Lawsuit Filed Against Arkansas Funeral Home And Owner
- The New Year Brings Changes To KUAR’s Night And Weekend Programming
- UA's Online-Only University's First Employees Start Work
- Gov. Hutchinson: Keep Private Option Through 2016, Study Alternatives
Local & Regional News
Thu September 12, 2013
Arkansas Veterans Home Task Force To Meet
A 22-member task force created to look at a replacement for the Arkansas veterans' home that closed last year is meeting at the state Capitol.
The Arkansas Veterans' Home Task Force is scheduled to meet at the state Capitol Thursday as it nears an Oct. 31 deadline to issue recommendations on the size, location, design and funding for a new facility. The panel is looking at a replacement for the Little Rock home that state officials closed because of deteriorating conditions.
The task force was created by the state Legislature earlier this year. The panel last month identified Fort
Smith, Benton, Jacksonville and Russellville as potential sites for the $22 million veterans home.
It planned Thursday to discuss recent visits to the potential sites for the new home.