Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Mon June 14, 2010
Arkansas vets rediscover the art of war
Many Veterans wrestle with feelings of depression and loneliness when they return home from battle. The agony of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), amputations and Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can at times be unbearable.
In order to help these servicemen and women overcome physical and mental injuries, a professor from the University of Central Arkansas started a lecture series that inspires vets by connecting them with art from ancient warrior cultures. FM 89's Malcolm Glover filed this report on an innovative program that's changing lives.