Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Mon June 14, 2010
Arkansas vets rediscover the art of war
Many Veterans wrestle with feelings of depression and loneliness when they return home from battle. The agony of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), amputations and Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can at times be unbearable.
In order to help these servicemen and women overcome physical and mental injuries, a professor from the University of Central Arkansas started a lecture series that inspires vets by connecting them with art from ancient warrior cultures. FM 89's Malcolm Glover filed this report on an innovative program that's changing lives.