Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri July 12, 2013
ASU Seeks Name Change For Stadium Boulevard
Jonesboro's Public Works Committee is considering a request to rename a city street recognizing Arkansas State University's Red Wolves.
The university is asking the city to rename Stadium Boulevard as Red Wolves Boulevard.
The plan goes before the committee next week.
Mayor Harold Perrin says the name change for the busy thoroughfare would begin at U.S. 63 and continue north to Johnson Avenue.
The Jonesboro Sun reports that the city is seeking input from the 60 to 70 businesses that face Stadium Boulevard.
Arkansas State Chancellor Tim Hudson says renaming the road would highlight the important relationship between the university and the city.
Athletic director Terry Mohajir agreed, saying the school is thankful to the businesses in support of the name change.