Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri July 12, 2013
ASU Seeks Name Change For Stadium Boulevard
Jonesboro's Public Works Committee is considering a request to rename a city street recognizing Arkansas State University's Red Wolves.
The university is asking the city to rename Stadium Boulevard as Red Wolves Boulevard.
The plan goes before the committee next week.
Mayor Harold Perrin says the name change for the busy thoroughfare would begin at U.S. 63 and continue north to Johnson Avenue.
The Jonesboro Sun reports that the city is seeking input from the 60 to 70 businesses that face Stadium Boulevard.
Arkansas State Chancellor Tim Hudson says renaming the road would highlight the important relationship between the university and the city.
Athletic director Terry Mohajir agreed, saying the school is thankful to the businesses in support of the name change.