Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Wed July 17, 2013
Attorneys Want Gag Order In Machete Slayings Case
A Sebastian County Circuit Court judge is expected to rule next week on a request for a gag order and to seal investigative records in the case of a man charged with using a machete to kill two Fort Smith men.
The Southwest Times Record reported Wednesday that a hearing is
scheduled for Tuesday.
Gregory Aaron Kinsey is charged with two counts of capital murder in the June 26 deaths of Brandon Prince and Nathan Young. Authorities say the victims were outside a house when Kinsey walked by and exchanged words with them. Witnesses said the men confronted Kinsey, who attacked them with the machete.
Kinsey has pleaded not guilty.
Prosecuting Attorney Dan Shue says the media should be allowed to address the request to seal the investigative file.