Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri February 21, 2014
Authorities Identify Man Killed In Newport Steel Plant Accident
Authorities have identified the worker killed at a Newport plant after a kettle of liquid steel spilled.
Jackson County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy James Brock says the accident occurred Wednesday afternoon at Arkansas Steel Associates.
Brock says 49-year-old Michael Earl Myers died when a cable carrying a kettle of molten steel broke, causing the liquid steel to spill. Another employee, who hasn't been identified, was injured.
The Daily Citizen reports that a memorial service for Myers is scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at Powell Funeral Chapel in Bald Knob.