Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Fri February 21, 2014
Authorities Identify Man Killed In Newport Steel Plant Accident
Authorities have identified the worker killed at a Newport plant after a kettle of liquid steel spilled.
Jackson County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy James Brock says the accident occurred Wednesday afternoon at Arkansas Steel Associates.
Brock says 49-year-old Michael Earl Myers died when a cable carrying a kettle of molten steel broke, causing the liquid steel to spill. Another employee, who hasn't been identified, was injured.
The Daily Citizen reports that a memorial service for Myers is scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at Powell Funeral Chapel in Bald Knob.