Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Wed November 6, 2013
Average Price Of Gas In Arkansas Dips Below $3
Drivers, rejoice: The average price of a gallon of gas in Arkansas has dropped below $3.
The AAA says the average price of a gallon of unleaded gasoline was $2.98 on Wednesday. That's down from $3.04 a week ago and $3.13 a month ago.
Drivers in northwest Arkansas are seeing the cheapest prices among the state's metropolitan areas.
The AAA says the average price is $2.89 in Fort Smith and $2.90 in Fayetteville, Springdale and Rogers.
The national average Wednesday was $3.23 per gallon, down from $3.34 a month ago.
The highest recorded average price in Arkansas was $3.97 per gallon of unleaded gas, recorded in July 2008.