Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Notes on Music
Wed February 27, 2013
In Italian the word “bagatta” literally means “a little possession”, a trifle, or something of little value.
Thus in music a bagatelle, although charming and captivating, refers to a short, light composition of little consequence, especially for piano. It’s interesting that a “bagatelle” also refers to a game played on an oblong table with a cue and balls, much like billiards or pool.