Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Tue June 11, 2013
Beebe To Attend Governors' Conference In Chicago
Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe is traveling to Chicago to attend a policy conference with other Democratic governors.
Beebe on Tuesday planned to leave for the Democratic Governors Association's Regional Policy Conference.
The governor planned to return to Little Rock on Wednesday from the event, his office said.
The conference's panels include discussions on revitalizing American manufacturing, preparing states for implementing the federal health care law and working with businesses to create jobs.
The conference is hosted by Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn. Other governors expected to attend the event include Gov. Peter Shumlin of Vermont, Gov. Steve Bullock of Montana, Gov. Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, Gov. Martin O'Malley of Maryland and Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin of West Virginia.