Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Sun September 29, 2013
Betty Soo Performs At Wildwood & Little Rock Chamber Music Society Celebrates 60th Year
Betty Soo, acoustic guitarist and singer, headlines the Wildwood Acoustic Festival. The event features family attractions and many acoustic bands. Soo will conduct a workshop on songwriting on Friday, the 27th at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. The festival will be Saturday the 28th at Wildwood Park. She talks about how she broke from a more conventional background to write and sing songs. She is becoming popular and successful.
Also, violist Jo Joyner and board member Brooke Malloy with the Chamber Music Society of Little Rock join the program to discuss the performing troupe's new season. The Chamber Music Society is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year. Joyner and Malloy tell about the organization's longevity, while thanking the many loyal supporters it has had over the years.