Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Sun September 29, 2013
Betty Soo Performs At Wildwood & Little Rock Chamber Music Society Celebrates 60th Year
Betty Soo, acoustic guitarist and singer, headlines the Wildwood Acoustic Festival. The event features family attractions and many acoustic bands. Soo will conduct a workshop on songwriting on Friday, the 27th at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. The festival will be Saturday the 28th at Wildwood Park. She talks about how she broke from a more conventional background to write and sing songs. She is becoming popular and successful.
Also, violist Jo Joyner and board member Brooke Malloy with the Chamber Music Society of Little Rock join the program to discuss the performing troupe's new season. The Chamber Music Society is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year. Joyner and Malloy tell about the organization's longevity, while thanking the many loyal supporters it has had over the years.