Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Mon June 24, 2013
'Big Rock' Interchange Lane Detours In Little Rock
The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says construction on the Interstate 430/630 interchange in west Little Rock will mean continued detours in the area known as "Big Rock."
The department says workers are painting future flyover ramps and the work will prevent access to the northeast and southeast loop ramps. This means northbound drivers in I-430 who want to go west on Financial Center Parkway or Chenal Parkway will have to take the Shackleford Road Exit.
Drives in the Financial Center Parkway/Shackleford Road area who want to go north on I-430 will be detoured south on Shackleford to I-430 North at Exit 5.
The detours began Sunday and will be from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. through Friday - weather permitting.