Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Mon June 24, 2013
'Big Rock' Interchange Lane Detours In Little Rock
The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says construction on the Interstate 430/630 interchange in west Little Rock will mean continued detours in the area known as "Big Rock."
The department says workers are painting future flyover ramps and the work will prevent access to the northeast and southeast loop ramps. This means northbound drivers in I-430 who want to go west on Financial Center Parkway or Chenal Parkway will have to take the Shackleford Road Exit.
Drives in the Financial Center Parkway/Shackleford Road area who want to go north on I-430 will be detoured south on Shackleford to I-430 North at Exit 5.
The detours began Sunday and will be from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. through Friday - weather permitting.