Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Thu May 2, 2013
Blind Man Shot In Face, Left In Arkansas Road
Authorities in Randolph County say a blind man was shot in the face while walking on a gravel road near Dalton.
Officials say 38-year-old Timothy King, who was blinded by a gunshot 10 years ago, is in a Memphis, Tenn., hospital, where his jaw is wired shut.
The man's mother, Judy King, told The Jonesboro Sun that Timothy King knew the Rock Glade Trail road well and liked to go for long walks.
Randolph County Sheriff Gary Tribble says Arkansas State Police are assisting in the investigation.
The name of the suspected shooter has not been released. The man is believed to have called police after the shooting.
Judy King says the shooter drove up in a truck, the men had a confrontation, and the man shot her son.