Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Thu May 2, 2013
Blind Man Shot In Face, Left In Arkansas Road
Authorities in Randolph County say a blind man was shot in the face while walking on a gravel road near Dalton.
Officials say 38-year-old Timothy King, who was blinded by a gunshot 10 years ago, is in a Memphis, Tenn., hospital, where his jaw is wired shut.
The man's mother, Judy King, told The Jonesboro Sun that Timothy King knew the Rock Glade Trail road well and liked to go for long walks.
Randolph County Sheriff Gary Tribble says Arkansas State Police are assisting in the investigation.
The name of the suspected shooter has not been released. The man is believed to have called police after the shooting.
Judy King says the shooter drove up in a truck, the men had a confrontation, and the man shot her son.