Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri May 31, 2013
Body Found On UALR Campus, No Foul Play Suspected
A body was found on the University of Arkansas at Little Rock campus Friday morning.
A student walking to class discovered the body, described as an "18 year old, white male”, in Coleman Creek, across from the Fine Arts Building. The Little Rock Police Department is conducting further investigations.
Sergeant Cassandra Davis says that "no foul play is suspected" and that the police department is unsure if the body was "washed into the creek" by the previous night's storm.
The Pulaski County medical examiner retrieved the body from the creek soon after it was discovered and will determine the cause of death. Officials have determined he is not a student.
UALR is updating its website with information about the death as it becomes available.