Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Fri May 31, 2013
Body Found On UALR Campus, No Foul Play Suspected
A body was found on the University of Arkansas at Little Rock campus Friday morning.
A student walking to class discovered the body, described as an "18 year old, white male”, in Coleman Creek, across from the Fine Arts Building. The Little Rock Police Department is conducting further investigations.
Sergeant Cassandra Davis says that "no foul play is suspected" and that the police department is unsure if the body was "washed into the creek" by the previous night's storm.
The Pulaski County medical examiner retrieved the body from the creek soon after it was discovered and will determine the cause of death. Officials have determined he is not a student.
UALR is updating its website with information about the death as it becomes available.