Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Tue February 18, 2014
Body Of Missing 9-Year-Old Hunter Found In South Arkansas
Authorities say a 9-year-old boy who didn't return after he went squirrel hunting in the south Arkansas woods has been found dead.
Union County Sheriff Mike McGough says the body of Hank Bollen of Magnolia was found late Tuesday morning near the border of Union and Columbia counties.
Shreveport, La., television station KSLA reports the boy had at least one gunshot wound, though authorities haven't said how that happened.
The sheriff says his office was called by wildlife officers who were summoned just before nightfall Monday when the boy hadn't returned home. McGough says Hank had been hunting by himself with a single-shot, .22-caliber rifle.
The body is being sent to the state Crime Lab in Little Rock for an autopsy.