Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Tue February 18, 2014
Body Of Missing 9-Year-Old Hunter Found In South Arkansas
Authorities say a 9-year-old boy who didn't return after he went squirrel hunting in the south Arkansas woods has been found dead.
Union County Sheriff Mike McGough says the body of Hank Bollen of Magnolia was found late Tuesday morning near the border of Union and Columbia counties.
Shreveport, La., television station KSLA reports the boy had at least one gunshot wound, though authorities haven't said how that happened.
The sheriff says his office was called by wildlife officers who were summoned just before nightfall Monday when the boy hadn't returned home. McGough says Hank had been hunting by himself with a single-shot, .22-caliber rifle.
The body is being sent to the state Crime Lab in Little Rock for an autopsy.