Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Wed July 31, 2013
Boozman Offers Advice To Pryor And Cotton In 2014 Senate Race
Republican U.S. Senator John Boozman was in the U.S. House of Representatives when he decided to challenge sitting U.S. Senator Blanche Lincoln, a Democrat.
Boozman won that election in 2010 and he now has some suggestions for Arkansas Republican Representative Tom Cotton and Democratic U.S. Senator Mark Pryor as both men prepare to faceoff in 2014.
“Well, I think my advice is to run on the issues. Both men need to focus on the particular policies that they have differences on,” Boozman said. “There is going to be a lot of outside money that comes in on both sides… there is a tremendous amount of money being spent on this race and it will probably be the premier race in the country.”
Boozman admits there has been speculation about the Cotton candidacy for awhile. He says both Pryor and Cotton are quality individuals and the Cotton move will open up space for people who want to run and represent Arkansas’s 4th congressional district.