Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Fri September 13, 2013
Boxing's Most Anticipated Match Up Also Has A Huge Payday
Tomorrow in Las Vegas, two undefeated boxers — Floyd Mayweather and Saul “Canelo” Alvarez — will duke it out for the super welterweight title.
The highly anticipated fight is also setting a record as the highest paid fight in history. It could garner as much as $200 million in sponsorships and pay-per-view fees.
Veteran fighter Floyd “Money” Mayweather, 36, will receive $41.5 million dollars for the Showtime Pay-Per-View brawl. Mayweather has an undefeated record spanning 17 years.
His opponent is Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, a 23-year-old Mexican, who has garnered a lot of buzz with his undefeated record.
- The Boston Herald: Dash of ‘Canelo’ doesn’t worry Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Ron Borges, columnist for the Boston Herald. He tweets @RonBorges.