Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
This Is NPR
Thu April 4, 2013
Brews and Tattoos: How Public Radio Stations Get Creative With Pledge Drive Premiums
Originally published on Fri April 19, 2013 7:41 am
Ok, so pledge drive season might not be your most favorite time of the year. But if you are like many of us, it's the thank you gift that really gets you opening your wallet (oh, and all that great programming).
From donations befitting local organizations, to tiny underpants (not that kind), NPR Member Stations are coming up with distinctive and regionally-inspired ways to thank the listeners and fans who support them. Check out the slideshow below to see the pledge gifts, and in some cases gaffs, public radio stations use to share their appreciation.
No matter the gift, contributing to a local station makes a stronger NPR possible. And now that you've seen some of our favorite thank yous, are there any quirky premiums you've received after donating to your Member Station? We'd love to see what else is out there! Email us at email@example.com.
Lindsay Kearns is the Communications Intern with NPR Marketing, Branding, and Communications Divison.