Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue October 22, 2013
Bridge Work To Limit Boat Navigation On Arkansas Lake
Arkansas transportation officials say work to replace a bridge will limit boat navigation on Greers Ferry Lake in Cleburne County.
Crews are replacing the Highway 225 Bridge, which is located just east of Hill Creek Recreation Area.
The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department says navigation will be closed near the bridge as workers move large equipment and conduct small controlled explosive blasts at the bottom of the lake.
Transportation officials say the temporary closures will be in effect from now through Nov. 8, except for Sundays.
The closures will last about 15 to 30 minutes and will only occur during daylight hours. The $8 million bridge replacement is expected to be finished by late 2014.