Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Wed October 23, 2013
Bryant Council To Discuss Police Chief's Travel Expenses At Strip Club
City councilors in Bryant are examining the travel expenses of the town's police chief and a school resource officer after the pair was reimbursed for steak dinners from an upscale Orlando, Fla., strip club.
According to travel receipts obtained by the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Police Chief Mark Kizer and Bryant High School resource officer Lee Ledbetter both submitted receipts in July from O.C. Food & Beverage LLC Steakhouse.
The newspaper reports the address and telephone number for the steakhouse belongs to Rachel's Adult Entertainment & Steakhouse.
Kizer says their hotel concierge recommended the steakhouse. He says no women were visible from where they were seated.
Both were in Orlando for a work conference. Alderman Randy Cox calls the incident unprofessional and unethical. The council is to discuss the issue Thursday.