Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Wed April 3, 2013
Bryant Police Officer Involved In Fatal Shooting
Arkansas State Police say a Bryant police officer shot and killed a man while investigating a burglary alarm.
State police say two officers responded to the burglary call late Tuesday at Fred's Store on Arkansas 5 in Bryant. Authorities say gunfire erupted between an officer and a man who was in a fenced area along the west side of the building.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. State police say the officer was injured in the shooting and taken to a Little Rock hospital, where he was treated and released.
State police are awaiting positive identification of the suspect, but authorities say they believe he's a man wanted on a murder warrant out of Illinois.