Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Wed April 3, 2013
Bryant Police Officer Involved In Fatal Shooting
Arkansas State Police say a Bryant police officer shot and killed a man while investigating a burglary alarm.
State police say two officers responded to the burglary call late Tuesday at Fred's Store on Arkansas 5 in Bryant. Authorities say gunfire erupted between an officer and a man who was in a fenced area along the west side of the building.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. State police say the officer was injured in the shooting and taken to a Little Rock hospital, where he was treated and released.
State police are awaiting positive identification of the suspect, but authorities say they believe he's a man wanted on a murder warrant out of Illinois.