Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Wed April 3, 2013
Bryant Police Officer Involved In Fatal Shooting
Arkansas State Police say a Bryant police officer shot and killed a man while investigating a burglary alarm.
State police say two officers responded to the burglary call late Tuesday at Fred's Store on Arkansas 5 in Bryant. Authorities say gunfire erupted between an officer and a man who was in a fenced area along the west side of the building.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. State police say the officer was injured in the shooting and taken to a Little Rock hospital, where he was treated and released.
State police are awaiting positive identification of the suspect, but authorities say they believe he's a man wanted on a murder warrant out of Illinois.